FISET Legal’s representation experience in REAL ESTATE LAW is rich and diverse:
- Business (negotiation and drafting of contracts, advice on real estate project for developers and strategies to investors and real estate promoters, business plans, and advice on property or co-proprietorship management)
- Construction (legal hypothec, hidden defects, poor workmanship / deficiencies, design defects, construction defects, soil defects, contraventions against best practices or the National Building Code, poor execution of work/delays by the developer and the responsibility of the architect and the engineer)
- Co-ownership and Multiplex(Advice and legal opinions for syndicates of co-ownership, condo, investments, financing, construction, developer, management firm, co-owners, budget, study of declaration of co-ownership, CA, board and general meetings, condo fees, warranty plan, injunctions, hidden defects, problems with neighbors – plumbing, noise, animals, floors)
- Insurance (assistance and advice in the event of disasters, refusal of insurance coverage, infiltration and water damage and possible recourse against the responsible party)
- Real estate (real estate negotiations, drafting contracts, pre-purchase advice, sales and purchases of property, contract negotiations, architecture, commercial leases, residential lease, hypothecs and securities, Rental Board and landlord/tenant relations, title problems, cancellation of sale/purchase, conflicts with neighbors, Civil code of Quebec)
- Civil responsibility (Abuse of power, evaluation of damages, hidden defects)
- Mediator (mediation) / conflict arbitration
FISET Legal provides its clients with sound advice and legal opinions and strategies regarding their investments, financing, construction, inspection, preparation of contracts, developers, buildings, management firms, co-owners, the setting up of a condominium syndicate, a study of notarial documents, insurance, budget-preparation, condo fees, the board of directors and annual general meetings.
Mtre. Sébastien Fiset, lawyer and president of Fiset Legal, has more than eight (8) years of experience in real estate, including more than seven (7) years as a practicing lawyer specializing in multiplex buildings (duplex, triplex, quadruplex, multi-services buildings, appartments buildings, high-rise buildings, etc.) and in the management and administration of condominiums (both divided and un-divided ownership condos, co-ownerships and co-ownership syndicates) and in general co-ownership law.
Mtre. Fiset graduated from the University of Sherbrooke (Law - 1997) and the University of Montreal (Business Administration – Finance - 2000). He was called to the Quebec Bar in 2002.
Mr. Sébastien Fiset has obtained other certifications and attestations in:
languages (English, French and Spanish);
the stock exchange (Montreal Stock Exchange);
construction (ASP Construction card);
real estate brokerage.
To see the Curriculum Vitae of Mtre. Fiset, click here.
Prior to establishing his firm FISET Legal Inc., Mtre. Fiset practiced real estate law for the legal firm de Grandpré Joli-Coeur in Montreal.
Previously, Mtre. Sébastien Fiset practiced real estate law in his own office and, in Montreal, Laval and the North Shore for Propri-Gestion Inc., a major condominium management company, where he gained extensive experience in real estate and co-ownership law by representing more than one hundred (100) syndicates of co-ownership. He was responsible for the management of thirty (30) buildings.
We invite you to consult our texts on divided co-ownership of immovables (Quebec condo law).
[ FISET légal ]
1175, Bernard Avenue, suite 301
Montreal (Outremont), Quebec H2V 1V5
Telephone: (514) 277-1175
Fax: (514) 277-1172
To send us an email, please click here.